Sunday, May 27, 2012

My Acne Story Contd..

OK, I changed my mind. I will tell you guys what ointments I was put on but not their names. I'll state the ingredients. But please do not use all this without consulting a dermatologist.

For the first month I had a course of a tablet whose name I can't recall and a gel having clindamycin phosphate and nicotinamide(please don't buy this stuff without consulting a dermatologist). I had to use it morning and night.

I have been very irregular in my medication and visits for a long time so my progress has not been as good as it should have but its still great.

The next time I went I was given a benzoyl peroxide cream to use in the evenings in addition to the gel. the next month I was given a clindamycin and adapalene gel to alternate the benzoyl peroxide cream with. That was primarily for blackheads. All this while I also had to take an iron supplement in the mornings.

This went on for a while and now on my latest visit because I'd had no new pimples for a while the doc told me to use a non-comedogenic moisturizer at night and in the morn over a scar gel that I have been using all this while and continue with benz cream and clin gel alternate evenings. No more tablets.

I won't deny that all these treatments had severely dried out my skin. There was also a lot of peeling. The doc had warned me that this would happen and i had a moisturizer a month in between called Ictyane.

This might sound like a lot and scare you guys but let me tell you all that had I been more regular half of it wouldn't have been needed. And it really has been working like nothing else has. The best part is that I've had no new acne.

That s why I say that goin to a doc is the best solution if you have severe acne or acne that leaves scars.

No comments:

Post a Comment