Thursday, May 10, 2012

My Acne Story

Yes I have been an acne sufferer. I'm recovering quite well so I can sympathize and share with you guys some tips that will actually help.

I've tried every home remedy there is from turmeric to toothpaste very religiously and I can assure you that none of them worked for me in case you think I didn't try hard enough. The pimples kept coming and leaving scars and nothing I did helped. I've also tried several drugstore products like Garnier and Clean & Clear and what not(not Proactiv though so I can't talk about that) and they were useless as well. Finally my father decided that he wouldn't waste any more money and had my mom take me to a dermatologist 6 months ago.

And that is what finally worked. when I told the doc that nothing had worked, he said, "why do you think we are here if those work? why do you think there is so much research on acne drugs if other stuff worked?"
I was put on a course of a drug I won't name here (because with drugs like this you can't buy them without consulting a doc) and a supplement along with a cream.
Within a month all my acne stopped popping up although my skin peeled like he'd warned. When I went back after a month he put me on gels for my blackheads and I'm very nearly blackhead free now.

I've read about how many people complain that docs are the worst because the treatments give them dry skin and stuff but I think the problem is that they don't have patience or that they never go back to the doc after that.
When my dry skin got bad he gave me a suitable moisturizer. Persistence is the key and my skin is so much better now than it was.

Therefore, I suggest that if you want to spend money on acne treatments it is better to do it on a doc's prescription than an over-the-counter product.

No comments:

Post a Comment