Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Review: Oriflame Body Lotion with Green tea

The weather is kind of dehydrating now where I live and my skin is seriously dry. Its really annoying having oily skin above the shoulders and dry below.

I bought this lotion a few months ago when there was a discount in the catalogue. Now, that I've finished half of it I think I can review it.

I was happy with it in the summer. I use it everywhere below shoulders and it did moisturize well in the summer. But in the last one month, ever since it has been getting drier this lotion is insufficient for me.

This lotion is supposed to be for normal to dry skin. It costs Rs.590 for 400 ml so it is rather expensive but I got it in discount.

Ingredient List: (from the bottle and website)AQUA, GLYCERIN, ISOPROPYL PALMITATE, CETYL ALCOHOL, STEARYL ALCOHOL, GLYCERYL STEARATE SE, HYDROXYPROPYL STARCH PHOSPHATE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, CETEARETH-20, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER, PENTAERYTHRITYL DISTEARATE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, SODIUM BENZOATE, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, PARFUM, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, XANTHAN GUM, CITRIC ACID, CAMELIA SINENSIS EXTRACT, LACTIC ACID
It claims to provide all day hydration and intensive moisturization.

So, does it live upto its claims?
Sort of. it does not hydrate my skin all day long but it keeps dry itchiness at bay in the summer. But, now as winter approaches(it is still really warm though) it lasts for only around 4 hours. It also does not leave your skin smooth. It forms a sort of layery powdery feel once it dries. It won't work on very dry skin.
The bottle has a flip cap. I am anyway never bothered by packaging as long as it doesn't leak.

It is a pretty good sealant for body oil, however.

Will I buy it again?
No, not for this price anyway.



No comments:

Post a Comment