Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Honey Cinnamon Nutmeg Mask

After seeing an article about korean beauties using a mask on their face everyday I decided to do the same. But from prior experience I know that one must be careful about choosing the mask. There was a period when I'd used Turmeric mask on my face everyday and ended up with burning skin as my skin is mildly sensitive.

So I decided to rotate masks(I'll tell you about that in another post).

The honey-cinnamon-nutmeg mask is supposed to help with acne scars(which is what I'm after).
To make it:
1-2tsp honey
1/2tsp cinnamon powder
1/2tsp nutmeg powder
should be mixed. Put more honey if necessary but do not make it too runny.

It should be spread all over the face and left on for 1/2 an hr to 45 mins depending on how sensitive your skin is. Wash it off after that.

Honey is an antibacterial agent while nutmeg and cinnamon improve blood circulation and the appearance of scars.

I've found it to be quite good for my scars. They definitely look lighter.

I even get compliments about the glow on my skin nowadays!

I use this mask twice a week. Anymore than that might cause your skin to burn and peel.

I recommend that people with very sensitive skin not use this mask. Do a patch test and if it causes you unbearable burning then wash it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment