Friday, June 8, 2012

Review: Lacto Calamine lotion-Classic

This is another product that has been around for years and is still one of the best in the market. My grandmum used this to help with chickenpox scars and this lotion had a reputation for it.

I always thought that it was a medicinal emergency thing but then I realised that it is used as a regular face lotion by a lot of people and that is also how piramal markets it these days. So I tried it and now I'm hooked. It has become my HG moisturiser.

It costs Rs 70 for 60ml.

This lotion is targeted towards people with oily to normal skins and it does work great as a moisturiser for em. But some might find it a bit drying in the winter months and I've found that a bit of Nivea soft creme under Lacto calamine does the trick.

The bottle says that it provides  skinsurance by giving protection, acne control, oil control n dead skin removal.
I don't know about the dead skin removal because I scrub regularly but it does the rest alright. It does not have an SPF rating but zinc oxide it one of the main ingredients which is the blocking ingredient in sunblocks so it will give sun protection enough unless you work in fields all day or are an athlete who practices under the sun all day. It controls oil for a good while until of course the skin starts making enough to open an oil factory. For me that is around 3-4 hours. It helps with mild acne but moderate to severe acne sufferers will need to go to a derm.

Also, it has never interfered with my acne medication. Its never made me break out yet.

Lacto calamine classic(purple cap) is also a good makeup base. I find that it works like a good bb cream minus the fantastic coverage.

The only problem is that you must be careful about the amount you use. If too much is used it can make you look like a white ghost. also dark-skinned people need to be extra careful about this point.

I recommend a trial period of a week or more with any new product. So stop if you find any problems. But not many find problems with LC.

Disclaimer: These reviews are based on my own experience and those of people I know. I have not been paid to do these reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment